When I made this site, I actually didn't know what "CV" stood for, and assumed it was just a resume. It turns out that CV, or Curriculum Vitae, is latin for "course of life" and contains a bit more than a traditional resume. Below, you can find a full history of my work experience and accomplishments.
My highest "completed" level of education would be high school, although I did attend 2 years of college. A traditional education is always beneficial but, from my experience, I feel real world experience can be just as valuable, if not more so.
Mehlville High School (2004 - 2008)
I graduated from Mehlville Highschool in 2008 with a 3.8 GPA. Most of my elective courses came from the new PLTW, or project lead the way program and consisted of things such as drafting, electronics, and engineering. Though not a participant in sports, I did take part in the chess club and several competitions
Missouri University of Science and Technology (2008 - 2010)
While attending Missouri S&T, I was majoring in Computer Engineering and had a GPA of 3.1. I received a total of 108 credit hours before I decided to drop out and take a full time position working in IT.
- A+ (2008)
- Net+ (2014)
Krav Maga WorldWide
- Phase A / Yellow Belt Instructor (2015)
- Phase B / Orange Belt Instructor (2016)
- Phase C / Green Belt Instructor (2017)
I've been working since the 4th grade, starting with my grandparents farm. Over time, my work has shifted toward IT and Software Sevelopment, with slight deviations here and there.
Schroeter Farms (2000 - 2008)
Most Fridays and Saturdays were spent helping my grandparents sell produce at their stand at Soulard Farmers Market in St. Louis. During the summer in later years, I had the opportunity to help on the farm by cutting grass, picking and washing produce, and other various tasks.
Zeller Electric (2008 - 2009)
While working at Zeller Electrict, most of my time was spent doing data entry to add products and descriptions on their website. Occasionally I was able to help in the warehouse with picking orders.
Mehlville School District (2010 - 2013)
As an IT Specialist at Mehlville, I did just about anything that was needed to help keep the school technology functioning. This included troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing desktops, laptops, phones, printers and projectors. It also involved running new network cables, and installing new projectors in classrooms.
Originally I was responsible for multiple buildings (early childhood, elementry, and middle school), and eventually moved up to the High School and Admin building.
Bass Pro Shops (2013 - 2016)
Service Desk Level 2
My time at Bass Pro was primarily spent on the "special projects" team. My responsibilities involved working with Dell Kace to automate deployments and software installations, in addition to resolving higher level issues that came into the service desk.
The project that took the most amount of time was the "XP Refresh" project, in which we updated all company computers to Windows 7, in addition to replacing a large number of printers.
During the process, I was able to setup a large imaging area in the service desk to achieve a much higher output than what the current provider was able to do, allowing us to complete the project on time.
Army National Guard (2014 - 2020)
Military Police Officer
While being a part of the National Guard, I served as a military police officer in the 1138th, and later, the 1136th MP companies. I competed in two best warrior competitions, finishing in second at the Batallion level both times.
Xtreme Krav Maga Springfield (2015 - 2018)
Owner / Instructor
As an owner / instructor at XKM Springfield, I was responsible for instructing fitness and self-defense classes, in addition to marketing, accounting, and managing a small business. I also began an instructor training program in an effort to get additional instructors certified through Krav Maga Worldwide.
International Dehydrated Foods (2017 - 2021)
While working on the service desk at IDF, my main tasks were to resolve issues related to software and hardware of PCs. I was also responsible for finishing up the last few upgrades of a "Windows 7 Refresh," where machines were updated to windows 10.
During this time I utilized SCCM for package deployments and upgrades, in addition to imaging.
Application Developer I
In my first developer position, I was primarily responsible for learning and applying coding standards under the supervision of a senior developer. My main accomplishments included:
- Built a web app and API hosted in an Azure app service to help maintain purchase order approvals and routes
- Automate recurring tasks through the use of Hangfire
Application Developer II
As a level II developer, my responsibilites grew and I took ownership of different areas of the core application we worked on. Major accomplishments include:
- Wrapping SSRS reports in React components to provide a viewing experience that matched the rest of our application
- Implement real time push notifications via SignalR to enhance the experience on our dashboard
- Integrated our application with AX for accounting and invoicing purposes
BKD CPAs and Advisors (2021 - 2022)
Software Engineer II
My time as a Software Engineer II at BKD was spent bringing old code up to date, mentoring other developers, and driving innovation. Major accomplishments include:
- Finding lost code and migrating several applications from .Net Framework 4.6 to .Net 5 and .Net 6
- Improving the workflow of the dev team by utilizing Azure Pipelines, and establishing code and branching strategies
- Migrating an old, sharepoint-based on-prem B2C platform to Azure B2C
- Designing and building a self-scaling messaging service for sending emails and text messages to clients.
- Architect a solution for managing message templates and automated emails for business units throughout the company
Save A Lot (March 2022 - June 2022)
As a software engineer at Save A Lot, I worked on the monitoring team, improving and enhancing Synthetic Monitors and alerting capabilities.
- Enhance NewRelic based monitor scripts for additional log ingestion within splunk
- Build a monitor blackout service that integrates with Azure, Splunk, NewRelic, and ServiceNow
- Create a Splunk application that polls 3rd party APIs for monitoring information
Emergent Software (July 2022 - June 2023)
Sr Software Engineer
As a software engineer at Emergent Software, I assisted clients by providing custom business solutions using .Net and Azure.
- Migrating an on-prem customer portal to Azure and integrating with new Client Health Platforms, utilizing Azure Functions, ASP.Net Boilerplate, and Angular
- Adding additional features to internal Blazor applications related to self-evaluations
- Rebuilding and enhancing a financial services application with React, and .Net Core
KTech Farms (February 2023 - Present)
As the owner of KTech Farms, I manage a small urban farm that focuses on growing various herbs and microgreens in addition to specialty crops.
PetDesk (July 2023 - Present)
Software Developer 3
As a software developer at PetDesk, I'm part of the digital workflow management team building an enhancing solutions that utilize .Net Framework, .Net Core, and React